If you're looking for some guidance, we're happy to provide. Patti, our founder and president, is active in many organizations other than us. Check out some of her favorites:
- The Greater Chicago Food Depository (and its subsidiaries): This nonprofit provides food and training to end hunger in Chicago. Patti says it's one of her favorites "because of their amazing focus on feeding the homeless and finding ways to address the needs of vulnerable people in our society."
- The Lower 9th Ward Center for Sustainable Engagement and Development: This nonprofit is one that Patti works closely with in New Orleans to restore the Lower 9th neighborhood. "They are an inspiration and offer hope to the families trying to rebuild their lives and homes in New Orleans. They are an example of commitment to the many volunteers who work under their guidance."
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum & The Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center: These two museums are haunting reminders of the atrocity committed against the Jewish people and truly stay with their visitors. She supports them "for keeping alive the specter of the nightmare that could happen when people disregard the human rights of others."
- Planned Parenthood: This diverse organization offers so much health care for women who need help. "The services they give to poor women who have no other place to go are invaluable. They have provide care women's health care that is available in no other place. They are steadfast in their mission to provide health."
- Big 10 Universities (Michigan and Illinois): These two schools "provided such wonderful educational opportunities and gave me the ability to move forward."
What are your favorite nonprofits? Leave us a comment below!