- Hearing from Don Thompson, the Executive Director of the Harry Tompson Center
- Volunteering at New Orleans Mission
- Touring the Katrina devastation
- Going to services at Touro Synagogue
- Learning from David Hammer of the Times-Picayune
- Volunteering at the Lower 9th Ward Center for Sustainable Engagement and Development (for more about them, check out our last blog post!)
- Listening to Mark Schleifstein, also of the New Orleans Times-Picayune
- Attending services at Greater Little Zion Church
- Exploring the French Quarter
A group Volunteer Expeditions took to New Orleans in 2009. What a beautiful day and a happy bunch!
Want to join us? Gather a group of your very own and take advantage of our planning experience! You can do everything in this current trip, or pick and choose what you'd like to take part in. This is also certainly not the extent of what we offer, so if you're interested in more, we're happy to help. Contact Patti at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to start building your trip!